The staff here at Clean Wisconsin is thrilled to tell you that we have been selected as a finalist in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good Program. This means we have a 1 in 5 chance to win a Toyota Prius on May 16 that will help us reduce our impact and carry out our statewide work more affordably.
As you may know, our staff is constantly traveling the state to carry out meetings, educational efforts, and on-the-ground projects aimed at cleaning our air and water. If we won a Prius from Toyota, our current budget for rental cars of over $15,000 would instead be delegated to achieving real impacts for our air and water. We think that is pretty awesome. But we need your help!
Before I get into the details of the best ways to do so, here are two good reasons to vote for Clean Wisconsin:
1. Based on average fuel economy stats for the U.S. car fleet (about 22mpg), switching to a car with truly high fuel-economy like the Toyota Prius will reduce the carbon footprint of our driving by over 5 TONS of carbon dioxide emissions per year.
2. Simply put, getting this money back in the organization’s pocket will help us accomplish our mission of protecting Wisconsin’s air and water.The money Clean Wisconsin has spent on rental cars last year could have paid for a part-time staff person to organize educational events about clean air and water issues, two conferences to educate Wisconsin farmers of ways they can help clean our waters, or educational materials for residents, the media and candidates about how clean energy impacts our economy.
Here is one thing you can do today: Find Clean Wisconsin on this page by clicking “finalists,” and then click “remind me” to get a reminder to vote for Clean Wisconsin on May 16.
Then, tell your friends! You could…
1. Send an email. You could even include a link to our fun video!
2. Post about it on Facebook. Maybe something like this:
“Help Clean Wisconsin win a Toyota Prius to make an even bigger difference for Wisconsin’s air and water! Clean Wisconsin has been named a finalist in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program, which is giving 100 vehicles to 100 nonprofits. Please visit www.100carsforgood.com on May 16 to vote for Clean Wisconsin! Or, go there today, search for them, and click “remind me!”
3. Send a Tweet. You could say…
“Help @cleanwisconsin win a car and make an even bigger difference. Set a reminder to vote for them on 5/16 at 100carsforgood.com. #100cars” Whatever you choose make sure to use #100cars.
Thanks for sharing and don’t forget to vote for Clean Wisconsin on May 16 in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program.
-Jenny Lynes, Membership Coordinator
P.S. To learn more about the program, click here.